If you haven’t yet set up a Google Plus Page for your business, now is the time to get started. With Google’s new Search Plus Your World, a business page on Google Plus means better visibility in search results for your company.
Here are a few tips as you start using Google Plus for business:
- As a Google Plus Business Page, you cannot add people to your circles until they have added you first (but you can add other business pages to your circles at any time).
- Add a Google Plus Badge to your website to promote your new page. You can get the code from your Google Plus page or use a plug-in right from WordPress.
- Add 5 photos to your Page (this looks very similar to the 5 photos on a Facebook Fan Page) and use the photo editor right in Google Plus to get creative.
- Make sure you link your other social sites to your Google Plus Business Page (you can also link your page administrator’s personal Google Plus page if you want).
- Tag others in your posts with: +name (if you are sharing a post on Google Plus, the name of the person/account who originally wrote the post will show up automatically – but give credit to the person who shared the post with you too).
- Share different content than what you post on other social networks. Most people on Google Plus probably have a Facebook account too. Vary your content strategy between the two networks so your followers don’t get bored with duplicate posts.
- You will need to set up a personal Google Plus profile and then a business page.
Kristi Hines and Wordtracker have put together some very comprehensive, yet easy-to-follow posts for all things Google Plus – so you can follow the simple steps for setting up a personal and business Google Plus account.
We’ve just launched our League Computer Solutions business page on Google Plus, so add us to your circles and then send me the link to your page so I can follow your business too.