Each Friday, we share the most popular articles and links from our social networks. This week’s links include tips on using Pinterest, interesting Facebook engagement stats, 12 very handy social media “cheat sheets”, benefits of using Tumblr and more…
(1) Why Social Media Is Nothing Without Creativity – a great example of how one company illustrates “…word-of-mouth marketing blended with social media”.
(2) Pinterest – The Best Social Media For Newcomers? - Great tips! I agree that it’s a good network for a newcomer (if your target audience spends time there).
(3) Optimizing Facebook Engagement: The Timing of Posts - Some very interesting statistics in this article; especially “…Posts made outside of business hours get approximately 20% better response.”
(4) 12 Essential Social Media Cheat Sheets – A very helpful resource! A collections of cheat sheets that are bound to help anyone!
(5) 4 Ways to Turn Twitter.com into Your Social Media Powerhouse – Great tools to use in Twitter – one new to me was Embed.ly. I just installed the Chrome extension today and like the “parrotfish” app (scroll to the bottom of the Embed.ly page and you’ll see it).
(6) 4 Ways to Use Tumblr to Connect With Customers – Great tips and reasons to be on Tumblr if your target market is a younger audience. “Tumblr boasts 39 million users, half of whom are under the age of 25.”
(7) 10 Dumb Things I’ve Learned From Brilliant People – Some good examples of “what not to do/be”
(8) Seth Godin Blog: Thinking about your shoes – Timeless advice on not focusing on the trivial things.
Have any interesting articles to add to the list? Share them in comments or on our Facebook Page!